Don’t you wish sometimes you could be a water creature? Everything in that world sparkles, shimmers and flows.
Maybe I should be the mermaid …
maybe the water horse …
maybe a gracious dolphin?
Maybe not for all the time but for a day in my life I would love to be one of them. For now I can just dream and paint my dreams. I hope you enjoy my project today called Little Mermaid. It’s painted over three small canvases.
You can watch the video here:
Products used are:
- Mr Huey’s Mists – Opaque White, Taxi, Plum Thumb, Gold, Bazinga, Honor Society
- Molotow Markers – White, Black
- Golden Fluid Acrylics – Turquois (Phthalo), Cadmium Yellow Medium Hue, Cerulean Blue Chromium
- Sharpie Paint Pens – White, Set of Sharpie Pastel colours
- Americana Acrylic Paint – Lemonade, Whispering Turquoise, Citron Green, Cadmium Yellow
- Ceramcoat Acrylic Paint – Ultra Blue, Azure Blue, Cafe, Santa’s Flesh, Crocus Yellow
- Posca Pen – Pink
There was lot of sewing going on in my house lately. So I got inspired by it. My mumma does it, 🙂 I just watch, admire the colours and touch and feel fabrics, laces, buttons. And I always wonder how it would look if I paint over that pattern or this one? How paint will behave itself on it? What texture I will end up with? What else I can throw on it?
So I decided to give it a go! I made a journal ( notebook, book) cover. You can put on one journal and when you are done with it, you can transfer it on another. Hope you like it.
You can view the video here:
Products used are:
- Calico fabric
- Liquitex White Gesso
- Ranger Archival Ink – Black
- Donna Downey stamp sets – “create to breathe”, “art and possibility”
- Modelling paste
- Mister Huey’s Mist – Plum Thumb
- Tim Holtz Stencil – “Hearts”
- Distress Paint – Broken China, Evergreen Bough
- Ceramcoat Paint – Santa’s Flesh
- Americana Paint – Light Buttermilk
- Neon Daubers – Fluorescent Green
- Posca Pen – Black , Green, Red
- Faber Castell Pitt Artist Pen – Black
- Lead Pencil
- Prismacolour Pencil – Electric Blue, Aquamarine
- Sharpie Paint Pen – White
- Dye-na-flow Paint – 818 Chartreuse, 808 Hot Fuchsia
- Pentel Aquash Water Brush
- Liquitex Matt Varnish