Who’s up for a weekly art journal challenge in 2016? If that’s you then follow along with us as we fill your year with positive messages and creativity. Let’s take on 2016 with a happy heart and a positive mind as well as finding time every week for some creativity because let’s face it .. art makes us happy! Sign up to the mailing list and we’ll send out a weekly reminder with the latest prompt.
If you’ve stumbled across this challenge later in the year .. it’s not too late to join in. Just jump right in and grab some inspiration. All the previous quotes and blog posts are linked down below or you can just start from the current week. We’d love you to join us.
(Scroll down to the bottom of the post if you are looking to go straight to the challenge blog post links)
If you’d like to join in you can SIGN UP HERE. It is completely FREE to join. No joining fee and no specific products to buy. Just use whatever you have in your stash. The only essential is some sort of art journal that is hardy enough to take whatever you throw at it.
As long as you sign up and you are on our challenge mailing list we will send out an email to you every Friday with an Inspirational Quote and a small challenge (technique, colour, product, etc). You can choose to interpret it however you like. For example you may just do a page inspired by the quote, you may use the quote on your page, you may just use the challenge somewhere on your page. It’s entirely up to you! This is your art journal and we want you to do what ever makes you most happy.
Each week we will feature a page or two that have been created from the prompts to inspire you. These might be by a Lulu Art team member or from a local artist. You might be surprised who will pop in
We will also have a private facebook page where you can all share your pages if you choose to and chat amongst yourselves. This will be a happy place to share your successes and to motivate one another.
I’m excited to have you all join me in this year long challenge.
SIGN UP NOW for a year of positive creativity.
The weekly blog posts will be linked below and clickable as they become live each week:
– “When you look at life through eyes of gratitude, the world becomes a magical and amazing place.”
– “She took the leap and built her wings on the way down.”
– “Make today so awesome that yesterday gets jealous.”
– “Believe in yourself and magic will happen.”
– “If your dreams don’t scare you they’re not big enough.”
– “Be kind wherever possible. It is always possible.”
– “Wherever you go, go with all your heart.”
– “Everything you want is on the other side of fear.”
– “Live like a grownup, play like a child.”
– “Every piece of you is a burst of something beautiful.”
– “Until you spread your wings you’ll never know how far you can fly.”
– “The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.”
– “Once you choose hope, anything can happen.”
– “There is no path to happiness .. happiness is the path.”
– “Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time.”
– “Find your tribe. Love them hard.”
– “Art opens the closets, airs out the cellars and attics. It brings healing.”
– “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.”
– “Wisdom begins in wonder.”
– “Gratitude is the open door to abundance.”
– “Go and make interesting mistakes. Make amazing mistakes. Make glorious and fantastic mistakes. BREAK RULES. Leave the world more interesting for you being here. MAKE. GOOD. ART.”
– “Every day is an opportunity to make a new happy ending.”
– “You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
– “The more you praise and celebrate life, the more there is in life to celerbate”
– “To practice any art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it.”
– “Never regret anything that makes you smile.”
Week 29 – “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”