Hello beautiful Lulu Art fans, Kate here today with a bright and beautiful mixed media card to tempt you to get those stamps and inks out of the cupboard.
While there are a few steps, none of them are complicated, but just in case you need a little extra information I’ve filmed the whole process step-by-step.
Start by stamping the gorgeous stamp Woman with Birds from Carabelle Studio onto smooth card, using black Versafine ink. Because there is such a large area of bold image (the hair) it’s likely that at least some port of this will not stamp perfectly! Use the Jane Davenport Mermaid Marker in Shark’s Eye to color in any imperfections, and I’ve gone over the whole area of hair just to make it nice and dark.
Start working on the base card, I wanted something bright and pretty to offset the dark stamp so I’ve used a piece of Ranger Specialty Stamping Paper (where I was testing out the stamp) and colored this using Distress Oxide Inks swirled on using a small Tim Holtz Mini Ink Blending Tool.
Once the background is colored the way you like flick some water over the ink and watch the magic happen – for a softer bleaching effect blot the water with paper towel after about a minute.
Use Jane Davenport Magic Wand pencils to color your image going heavy on the shadows to create a high contrast face.
Water down AquaPastels and add a hint of colour to the area around the stamped image – just so the surroundings aren’t totally white, keep it light and bright.
Embellish image with Glitz Sea markers to add a little sparkle.
Color film strip ribbon with alcohol markers (I used Copics) so that it better matches your image and attach to card front using Glossy Accents – the ribbon is very twisty, so make sure to clamp with bulldog clips until the glue is dry or risk it springing off the card and rolling up!
Add ‘Be Brave’ word embellishment and mount card front onto coloured base layer and then mount onto folded card stock.
Attach a few small coordinating flat backed gems and the card is complete.
- Carabelle Studio Stamp – Woman with Birds
- Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink Pads: Fossilized Amber, Picked Raspberry, Broken China and Seedless Preserves
- Tim Holtz Ideaology – Film Strip Ribbon
- Tim Holtz Quote Chips
- Jane Davenpost Magic Wand Pencils, Prismacolor or Prima
- Jane Davenport Markers – Warm Seas
- Jane Davenport Mermaid Markers – Shipwrecked
- Jane Davenport Aqua Pastels or NeoColor II
- Water Brush
- Mini Ink Blending Tool
- Mini Mister
- Non Stick Craft Mat – Ranger or Jane Davenport
- Paper Trimmer
- Copic Markers: BV17, V09, RV04, YG17, BG15, Y15 & YR12
- Glossy Accents
- Black Ink Pad – Ranger Archival or Versafine
- White Sharpie Paint Marker
- Ranger Specialty Stamping Paper
Have fun creating your own card using these ideas,