Hi gorgeous people, today I’m going to be making some fast fun cards with Dye-na flow inks from Lulu Art! Now Dye-na flow is not something I’ve used a lot so I’m going to have a play with 3 different techniques to create three different but equally beautiful cards.
Begin by prepping your watercolour card – cut it to size and add some clear embossed images to 2 card pieces.
Spray water over watercolour cardstock and drip on a rainbow of Dye-na flow, begin with one drop of each colour and only add more if needed. Splatter with gold Gansai Tambi paint and leave to dry
Add Dye-na flow to a paint palette and use a dry brush to add to dry watercolour paper, previously embossed. This gives a quite varied and tonal effect and looks really pretty. I used a single colour – Periwinkle.
Add a rainbow of Dye-na flow drops to a non-stick craft mat – I added the colours in the order of the rainbow so I didn’t make a muddy mess. Then spritz lightly with water and press dry watercolour card (previously embossed) into the colour pool. Press down with fingers to make sure all of the card has contacted the surface and then gently peel up and allow to dry.
Now it’s time to finish the cards!
Begin by adding embossing powder to chipboard elements – I used Obviously Black and Caesar’s Gold.
Add stamping to some of the card backgrounds.
Wrap each background in gold twine.
Add stickers or glitter.
Mount card fronts onto coordinating backing card and adhere embellishments and we are finished!
And of course, so you can watch and play-a-long I’ve filmed a process video for you, focussed on how to make those yummy Dye-na flow backgrounds!
- Dye-na flow – Magenta, Sun Yellow, Golden Yellow, Chartreuse, Periwinkle, Turquoise and Violet
- Versamark Watermark Ink Pad or Ranger Clear Resist Ink pad
- Lindy’s Embossing Powder: Clearly Clear (or Purely White), Caesars Gold and Obviously Black
- Watercolor Paper
- Gansai Tambi Starry Colours – Gold
- Distress Ink – Scattered Straw, Shaded Lilac and Picked Raspberry
- Dina Wakley Stamps – For the love of Circles, Text and Scribbles and Boys Star
- Donna Downey Stencil – Keyhole Splatter
- Golden Taklon paintbrushes
- Interference Gold Acrylic paint in fine liner bottle
- Chipboard, Double-sided Tape, Nuvo – Honey Gold Glitter Drops, Glossy Accents and Stickers
I hope you’ve enjoyed these 3 simple ideas for using Dye-na Flow for your cards oxox