Want to make a beautiful background that practically leaps off the paper? Then let me show you how amazing Jane Davenport’s INKredible inks look on Yupo and you will be racing to the store to grab the supplies and try this yourself.
Create your own Yupo Background Step-by-Step
- Spray Yupo with water and drip on a little of each colour of Incredible ink
- Spritz with water from a height to create a pattern – the pattern will be more prominent on areas that have begun to dry
- Add a few spots of pearlescent acrylic paint and spray with water to make the color wick
- Spritz with alcohol blender from a height of approx. 30cm to create additional patterns
- Dry carefully with a heat gun – too close and your Yupo will buckle or warp – be careful
- Allow any remaining areas to air dry.
- Mount on a backing card (to keep it flat) and spray with an acrylic sealer (eg Crystal Clear)
Just look how beautiful this is – simply amazing.
To create the card
- Trim Washi Girls Washi sheet into separate images
- Add stamping to the background using Archival inks
- Cut shapes using Spellbinders dies and emboss using Lindy’s Embossing powder
- Add ribbon, washi girl and embossed die cute to background
- Add color to washi image using Paint Over Pens
- Add a little sparkle using Mermaid Markers
- Outline image using block acrylic in a fine liner bottle
- Mount onto base-card to finish
Watch this card come together and see this amazing INKredible Ink on Yupo right here in this video.
all from Lulu Art of course!
- Yupo paper – but it also comes in other sizes
- Jane Davenport Incredible Inks: Lemon Sherbert, Blueberry, Watermelon, Berrylicious, Violey Syrup, Mermaid Tail and Fresh Air
- Jane Davenport Washi Sheet: Girls
- Jane Davenport Mermaid Markers: Celestial Sky and Shimmering Sky
- Daler Rowney FW Pearlescent Acrylic: Mazuma Gold (could try using Warm Seas or Celestial Sky markers for this)
- Water in spray bottle
- Alcohol Ink Blender in mini mister spray bottle (can also try vodka or rubbing alcohol)
- Lindy’s Embossing Powders: Guten Tag Teal, Clearly Clear and Prima Donna Purple
- Jane Davenport Paint Over Pens
- Black Acrylic Paint in Fine Liner Bottle
- Archival Ink: Jet Black and Cobalt
- Mini Ink Blending Tool
- Spray Bottle
- Mini Mister full of alcohol or Blending ink
- Acrylic Gloss Varnish spray (eg: Crystal Clear)