Hello hello, Lulu Art fans!
Today I’ve set myself a little challenge – a simple black and white background for my journal page! And I’ll let you in on a little secret, there is not one brush being used on this background in any way – none at all! So how am I applying the paint? Get ready to get dirty because we are going to get in there and do some fabulous finger painting to create this B&W background!
Check out how you can make this fast and simple page in this step-by-step clip.
Glue collage paper (or cute paper bags) onto journal page using matt medium.
Add black and white gesso direct to page and spread with fingers – keep top lighter and make the bottom of page darker – add horizon line by swiping across the paint while it is still wet. Make sure to try and blend your line at least a little, so it doesn’t look like a stripe!
Splatter with Lindy’s sprays while paint is still wet and dry with a heat tool.
Use matte medium to glue on collage papers and make the horizon line more prominent. Then add stamped circles and patterns to page, focussing the pattern along the horizon line.
The stamped patterns really help break up the page background.
Once the crackle paste is dry, add a little aqua pastel over the crackle on some of the circles.
To make sure the circles really POP add a little gold metallic paint and a hint of shimmering blue as well.
To finish the page, add some rough circles and illegible text using a fine tipped applicator bottle filled with paint.
at this point, it just needed something small to finish the page…..
I decided to add some of the Tim Holtz words to complete the page
Allow everything to dry and the finger painted page is finished.
- Dina Wakley White Gesso, Black Gesso, Text and Scribbles Stamp Set, Create to Breathe Stamp
- Jane Davenport Acrylic Paint Kit Metallics or Golden Fluid Acrylic
- Jane Davenport Matt Medium
- Ranger Texture Paste: Opaque Crackle
- Dylusions Creative Journal 9×11
- Tim Holtz Slight Alterations Cling Stamps Set
- Dylusions Creative Journal Large
- Vintage Book Paper Sheets Ephemera Pack
- Art Alchemy Paint: Light Patina
- Golden Acrylic Paint – Iridescent Gold
- Jane Davenport Aqua Pastels
- Tim Holtz Words
- Lindy’s Sprays: Midnight Rendezvous Raven, Tea Pot Purple and Gag Me With a Spoon Grey (or Steel Shimmer)
- Fine Tip Applicator Bottle
- Printed paper bags
- Fingers, credit card, scrap paper
I hope you enjoyed getting messy with me today, and if you need to purchase anything for this page you know you can get it from Lulu Art online.