Hello, it’s Robyn with you today sharing a sweet mixed media tag book. One again my project features stamps by Dina Wakley, did you notice Dina will be visiting us at Lulu Art in November 2015? Check our website and Facebook page for details. Book in quickly as places are sure to fill fast!
Summer in Australia is filled with strong colours, high heat and the ever present birdlife. I live in suburbia, close to a capitol city but birds are everywhere. We are often woken by the dawn chorus of parrots discovering a new shrub or tree in flower and during walks around the neighbourhood it is unusual if you don’t spot a handful of different species of birds. I often wonder what they are squawking about – are they delighting in the freedom of flight, laughing at the Earth bound humans or discussing something meaningful.
Check out my YouTube video to learn how I created this cute tag book featuring two of my favourite birdie quotes.
- Dina Wakley stamps – Scribbly Birds
- Inkssentials – Medium Manila Tags #8
- Watercolour card
- Liquitex – Matte Gel – 8oz
- Liquitex Iridescent Medium
- Prima Texture Paste – Clear Crackle
- Artistcellar stencil – Tumbling Pods
- Ranger Archival Ink – Leaf Green, Jet Black, Watering Can
- Ranger Ink Blending Tool
- Non-Stick Craft Mat
- Acrylic paint in yellow, leaf green & sky blue
- Washi tape
- Pan Pastels – Diarylide Yellow, Orange, Perm Red, Hansa Yellow, Phthalo Green, Turquoise, Phthalo Blue, Paynes Grey
- Sofft Pan Pastel sponges
- SpectraFix fixative
- Daler Rowney FW ink – Marine Blue, Pearlescent Genesis Green
- Ranger Glossy Accents
- Posca red pen
- Burnt Sienna watercolour
- Seam binding, cheesecloth, twine & needle, button, sewing machine
I hope you enjoyed learning how this project comes together. As always, don’t forget to pop by Lulu Art & Friends Facebook page to say hi or share your project or leave a comment on my blog, www.purplesalt.net