Whipped Spackle is quite an innovative product – you would think it was ordinary light modelling paste but it is actually gesso that has been aerated in a mixer to create a lovely texture similar to icing. The aeration gives the product an amazing lightness and it will be perfect to use on canvasses but particularly cards, scrapbook layouts and art journals when you want texture without the usual heaviness.
You can watch the video here:
- 6” x 6” deep edge canvas
- Faber-Castell Whipped Spackle
- Darkroom Door Love of Beauty Quote, Collage Butterfly & Harlequin Texture stamps
- Faber-Castell Gelatos – Raspberry, Snow Cone, Metallic Mint, Boysenberry, Banana, Lime
- Faber-Castell Big Brush Pen – May Green #170
- Liquitex Matte medium
- Ranger Archival Ink – Jet Black
- Non-Stick Craft Mat
- Liquid glue
- Watercolour paper
- Torn dictionary paper
- Floral paper napkin with unprinted layers removed.
Thanks for joining me today! I hope you will create your own beautiful butterfly canvas – I’d love to see it if you do. Don’t forget you can upload pictures of your projects to our LuLu Art & Friends Facebook page or leave a comment on my blog, www.purplesalt.net. If you use Instagram you can find LuLu Art at http://instagram.com/luluartstore and I’m there as well, http://instagram.com/purplesaltcr8 Pop by and say ‘hi’!