I’m Wendy Walsh from Wendy Lee Design. I am truly honoured and grateful to be part of this fun and creative Lulu art design team. Today I am bringing to you, “How to make a mixed media Art Journal.” This journal is quick and simple to make, FUN and you can decorate it simply or elaborately, depending on your taste.
For me, an Art Journal is a sacred space to reflect, create and celebrate life as you know it. Journal pages have no right or wrong, good or bad, just freedom to explore, create and play.
Please join me in making this Art journal and it is my hope that this blog post inspires creativity and JOY.
On the front cover of my Art Journal I painted from a photo of my two aunties when they were little girls. The photo itself is so precious to me and painting it evoked such fond memories.
It’s all here in the video:
- 2 canvas boards – 8×10 inch
- SheArt – Paper Dolls Collage Paper
- 2 pieces of scrapbook paper, measuring a smidge under 8×10 inch
- 2 pieces of scrap fabric – 3×8 inch
- Mod Podge, Matt Medium or glue.
- 7 Gypsies – Binding Rings – Antique silver
- IndigoBlu – Rubber Stamp – Flutterby
- Strathmore Mixed Media Paper Pad – 6×8 inch
- Washi or decorative tape
- A hole puncher
- Ribbon for a bookmark – 60cm
- Make sure you glue all tissue paper and scrapbook paper down first. When dry, mix together (50%) diluted glue and water and seal the front of the papers.
- I measured and marked an inch in on both boards as a guide to glue my fabric for the binding of the journal. I glued the fabric 1 cm short of the full inch (sorry about the change in metric), so I could add the wash tape to it later.Once fabric is glued into place, cover and seal the fabric with the diluted glue as well. It will dry stiff, so make sure it dries flat.
I organise an Art on Envelope swap from my Facebook page every few months. I thought this journal could also work as a keepsake journal-a place to store my beautiful art envelopes that I have received.
Please visit the Lulu Art store for all your crafty needs.
If you would like to stay in touch with me, you can find and LIKE me on Facebook at: Wendy Lee Design OR follow and SUBSCRIBE to my Blog – Where Art Meets The Heart.