I hope you are all keeping cool if you’re in one of the crazy hot areas of Australia today. I’ve hidden inside in front of the air conditioning for the whole day except for a quick dash outside to the clothesline. The poor air conditioner can hardly cope!
This year I am determined to find more balance in my life – in particular finding more time to be creative. Creativity has taken a back seat lately while I was building the business but it needs to start riding shotgun again! I’ve taken the time today to start on one of my first classes for the year – Week 1 of Lifebook 2014. I have to admit, even though I made the time to do it today, I procrastinated like crazy .. maybe a little fear or inner critic creeping in there after all that time? Anyway, I finally went for it and at least got my sketch done ready to be painted tomorrow when I get some more time. Now I’ve started I feel so much better and realise how much I miss having a regular creative side to my life.
Today I want to show you this absolutely beautiful Art Journal Cover made by our lovely design team member Anne Cahill. Anne has used the Prima Resist journal covers with Dylusions Ink Sprays and Acrylic Paints to create this dreamy project. Those ink sprays are so vibrant and even when watered down they still give the most amazing results. I can’t wait to give this a try.
You can watch the video of Anne’s process here:
The products used were:
- Prima – Resist Canvas Journal Cover
- Dylusions Spray Inks – Fresh Lime, Vibrant Turquoise, Bubblegum Pink
- Americana Acrylic Paint – Soft Black, Turquoise Blue
- Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabbers – Black, Snow Cap, Salmon, Purple, Twilight, Raspberry
- Twinkling H2O’s Watercolours – Pearl Blue, Meridian
- Golden Acrylic Paint – Transparent Red Iron Oxide
- Brushes – 1 inch flat, 1/4, 3/8 & 1/2 angle, 10/0 liner
Just a reminder – if you attempt any of the projects that we show here on the blog we would love to see a photo! Send through to email@example.com or post to our facebook page.