I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and a lovely start to your New Year. Did you all get some arty presents? Hopefully you’ve at least had some time off work to spend on your projects. I’ve had a little bit of time off and now I’m relaxed and ready to embark on several online art courses I’ve enrolled in for this year. If you’re still looking for a good course to do this year I can thoroughly recommend any of the following:
- Lifebook 2014 – a year long course with weekly lessons and many well known mixed media artists (starting now)
- Book of Days 2014 – 12 week art journaling course with Effy Wild (starts Jan 6th)
- 21 Secrets 2014 – You get 21 lessons at once from 21 amazing mixed media teachers (launches April 1st)
- Donna Downey 48 Weeks – a year long art journaling course with Donna Downey (starting now)
To kick off our design team projects for the year we have a lovely colourful art journal project from our design team member Cassandra Bright. Cassandra has made use of some yummy products like the Gelatos, Tim Holtz & Artist Cellar stencils and Donna Downey stamps. I love the way Cassandra has used the stencils to remove the colour in some spaces as well as using them to add colour. Very clever!
Watch the video here:
- Art Journal
- White Gesso
- Black Gesso
- Artist Cellar Stencils – Profile & Eyes (Jane Davenport)
- Tim Holtz Stencils – Cargo, Measured, Splatters, Clockwork & Burlap
- Donna Downey/Unity Stamp – Poppy Silhouette
- Posca Pen – White
Hope you enjoyed Cassandra’s project, our first project for 2014. There are many more to come! Lulu Art has some fun things planned for this blog over the coming year so don’t forget to subscribe so you don’t miss any posts. Hope you are finding lots of time to follow your arty dreams for 2014.